Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

I cant get any games on steam to work

Im new to crossover so i have no idea what the limits are. Can you run any game on steam on crossover or does crossover need to work with the game? I tried the portals demo and all that came up was the loading screen and then it froze and quit. I tried another demo and pretty much the same thing happened but it actually did say an error. Then i tried unreal tournament 3 and nothing even happened no errors no screens until after like i launched 5 times a stack error came up... if crossover needs to be made compatible with the game, could you make it for unreal tournament?

Uhhh.... you can run some steam games in crossover games not just crossover standard or pro (well you can but steam games are games so try crossover games). I can run halflife 2 games (counter strike source team fortress etc.) I can also run all counter strike series games. (halflife 1 engine included). But you should use crossover games and install them from steam and run them from steam. By the way linux or mac?

Ahh ok i didnt know there was a crossover games. Also what is you graphics card and processor? Ty ill try stuff out. im on a mac how bout you?

macbook pro 15" 2.8 ghz nvidia geforce 9600m GT and 9400M 4gb ram and an imac intel 2.4 ghz 3gb ram ati raedon (9800 maybe) HD

I have macs as well :)

i have a mac pro 2 x 2.8 ghz quad core intel with 2 gb 800 mhz ram with an ati radeon hd 2600 xt. u think thatll still work with all the requirements for counter strike n stuff?

maybe I don't know you might be light on the graphics side and cpu side (just kidding it will be perfect).

ok good lol. would you happen to have the counter strike cd key?

I'm not encouraging this since it is illegal but digitalpowered.info. That is all I can do and it works but has no viruses. But I AM NOT ENCOURAGING THIS.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV0N3RlpIc0dXaHNmY0ZhNyIsImdkcHIiOjB9