Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover Games 7, Crossover 6.2.1

OSX Mac, 10.5.2, 1.6d intel, 2GB Ram.
Unsupported EQ emulation works on Crossover, but not on Crossover Games. On Crossover Games it seems to scramble the font badly.

Hi,
Can you go into a little more details? What do you mean with "EQ emulation"? Is this some application or game? Is a freely downloadable demo available?

Since you mention a font problem, did you try to install the core fonts into the same bottle? Maybe you had it installed in 6.2.1, but not in cxgames?

I think by EQ he means Everquest, possibly Everquest 2. For unsupported software you should install both "Core Fonts" and Codeweavers HTML (Or crossover html, dont' remember which) in the same bottle. The presets for Steam seem to work with a lot of unsupported games.

Yes he was likely talking about Everquest. EQ2 runs well enough as everything sits. EQ however does not. For me it will patch, and then when trying to launch the actual game it will just dump. I watched it in the task manager and it tries to come up in to the game, but it fails for some reason.This could possibly be as they intend, I have not investigated that chance yet myself, as they do have EQ Mac Edition that goes up to Planes of Power expansion. (Expansion #4, if I am counting correctly, out of 14) they do have a 14 day trial right now if you guys that know more on the coding end want to plink around with it. http://www.station.sony.com/en/freeTrials.vm is where they house all the free trail downloaders; EQ is the button that says EverQuest: Escape to Norrath, and has a gnoll behind the logo. :)
As for the way EQ runs and files that are important to note; eqclient.ini is all the settings for the play enviroment. there is a switch in there to change from full screen to windowed mode, thats WindowedMode=<TRUE/FALSE>. Put in false to force windowed mode; it didn't help though. The series of arguments that start UseLuclin<whatever model>=<TRUE/FALSE> is the higher end graphics models. The whole series is tied to AllLuclinPcModelsOff=<TRUE/FALSE> and in Windows will work fine if you delete all the model by model arguments and just set that All one to TRUE. all of the rest of it doest do much or is glaringly obvious to someone who hasn't even seen the game running. eqgame.exe starts the game directly with out patching; doesn't help in the emulator. EscapeToNorrath.exe starts the demo only version and doesn't really take you much of anywhere. Everquest.exe is the direct start of everything, and will start out with the patcher for the patcher, then hand off to the patcher, and should hand off to eqgame.exe. Thats the fail point during emulation is after the hand off to eqgame.exe.
Another related problem was that I had to unpack the .zip file for EQ on a true WinXP environment to get it to work. The CrossOver Games software choked on it and OS10.5 didn't do to much better. Hope this helps some. I'll try to keep up and help out for what I do know about EQ itself. I wouldn't worry about EQ2 running though, as I said it's just fine.

Hope thats helpful. ^_^

oh yeah specs of base system; macbook OS 10.5.4/10.5.3 (just updated today) 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1Gb DDR2 at 667Mhz bus.

New Beta download of Corssover 7.2 on Ubuntu 8.04LTS
Loaded in XP bottle.

I run GUI alot, copy stuff, and half the time don't know what I am doing. And yet things still work...?

Basically I failed to get EQ2 TSO working at first and used every bit of help I could find. Then began to quit, that's where good news came in...

1. Keep EQ2 loaded in Crossover 7.2.
  2. Loaded Cedega and get any help you need from them to get it running...yea, no phone number, all email.
  3. Login to Cedega and it downloads the updates you needed for Crossover.

It's kind of automatic, just run after Cedega updates and hopefully your EQ2 TSO should be running.

Avery,

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUHUyeGtHQVJzYVBUVk1kRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9