Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

IE7 - Internet Explorer 7

Has anyone been able to successfully build a bottle with IE 7? If so, will you post the bottle or the steps to reproduce? I seem to be a retard on this issue.... Thanks!

No and its not going to happen. IE7 requires .NET framework support which CrossOver doesn't yet and likely won't support. They claim version 8.0 will support .NET but frankly I doubt it.
I've given up on CrossOver completely, go get Parallels or VMware and get some real Windows and just about any OS support you can think of.
CrossOver is a toy and hasn't had any serious progression in 2+ years. Frankly even at $39.95 it isn't worth it.

Cheers,
Peter

Peter Worcester wrote:

No and its not going to happen. IE7 requires .NET framework support
which CrossOver doesn't yet and likely won't support. They claim
version 8.0 will support .NET but frankly I doubt it.
I've given up on CrossOver completely, go get Parallels or VMware
and get some real Windows and just about any OS support you can
think of.
CrossOver is a toy and hasn't had any serious progression in 2+
years. Frankly even at $39.95 it isn't worth it.

Cheers,
Peter

Just because you're angry and bitter about Crossover doesn't mean that it's not still the best solution a lot of us have.

If IE7 requires .Net, .Net support is coming in some capacity in 8.0; so no, IE7 currently doesn't work. IE6 can be made to work, and the sites that work in IE6+Firefox are about the same that work in IE7.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidVRSVFBBVU5SQXlSY1NVQiIsImdkcHIiOjB9