Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Tantra Global, Connecting to game server

Previously, Tantra Global could work fine in CrossOver.
It's an old game, and so it ran alright - however, after their recent patch, it doesn't.
I doubt it's a graphics problem, since I can get into the game just fine - I log in, get to character selection, and then click on a character and press OK. That's where the problem lies: The screen freezes, and though I can see my mouse and move it around, the game beneath it is frozen; I can't click any buttons, and the characters and graphics don't sway or move or anything.
There is no error message, and if I leave it for hours (which I did one day as an experiment), it will remain the same, and so I have to quit using Command+Alt+ESC.
When clicking on the character and pressing OK, however, a small line of text at the bottom of the screen says, "Connecting to Game Server".
Could this be CrossOver preventing it from connecting, or is it the game's fault itself from the latest patch? I know it's not my Mac, since I checked security preferences, and my firewall allows everything to go through.

Edit: Odd that I can select a game server and get into character selection, and yet it won't connect there.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWWc4V2tOZUwyc2FxNU42QyIsImdkcHIiOjB9