Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Black Screen (CrossOver Games: World of Warcraft)

The problem is that, once I have hit the play button from the launcher, the game loads as a black screen. I can hear the login screen music playing and I can hear the nice zombie dragon roaring, but it's all set to a big, black screen. I can alt + tab out, and I can hit the escape key to close World of Warcraft, but that's it.

• I installed World of Warcraft under my user directory on the OpenSUSE partition of my computer. I'm trying to remove the need for Windows on my machine completely.

• I have added SET gxApi "opengl" to the Config.wtf file as recommended. Running the command glxinfo | grep rendering returns direct rendering: Yes just as it should.

• Video card is NVidia GeForce 7300 LE

• Version of OpenSUSE is 11.1.

• I was lacking the discs for World of Warcraft and The Burning Crusade, and the only workaround that I could find for accepting the TOS involving mounting the discs. I was finally able to install World of Warcraft using the unsupported build crossover-games-demo-7.1.2-1.i386.rpm.

• The Windows partition seems to be hosed right now, as I can't get into it upon reboot due to a "corrupt or missing hal.dll file". I don't expect help with this, I just thought I should mention it in case it's of any use information-wise.

If anyone can please offer some assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSkdKeGhLa2F1cmttclkybiIsImdkcHIiOjB9