Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

hey, wanting to get either mac or linux for my pc

well, i just got myself a new pc, but the thing is, it came with vista, which i find horrible, i would like a great favor from you guys, or if you know anything that can help me

i would like to install the latest mac os on my pc instead of windows, if it works with crossover

though, i need some questions answered

which programs works so far, and which games?

can i request new programs, and games from you folks, and do they work with online usage?

if so, i would like:

programs:

ea download manager, pc version (which works with installing new games from it, by buying and downloading what you buy on the ea store, to run almost instantly)

xfire (unless it works for linux, already

vuze (formerly known as azeurus)

games:

jedi knight: jedi academy ver 1.0 and 1.1 + the latest mods, etc, to work, at least

battlefield 2142

Star Wars Galaxies: The total experience

C&C: Red alert 3 + uprising (the single player, download only expansion)

Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars + expansion

wait, which linux versions did it work for, and how can i run linux and vista on the same pc (so i don't have to re-install anything)

also, i got an icemat headset, which would be cool if it worked under linux, since i'm gonna install that

So are you planning on installing a dual boot linux vista system or are you going to create a hackintosh? Installing a MacOS on a PC is possible but there can be many issues beyond just being able to run certain programs that you will want to consider. The other thing to consider is that some programs are already ported to run natively on a Mac or Linux such as Vuze. Many games are ported but you simply need to buy them at the apple store. As for what codeweavers supports you can check the compatibility center for information, http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/ Best of luck.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSFlKSnZLdjRkVVF2OVlDUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9