Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Pro Tools plugins

Just started using Crossover, and I was wondering if it was possible to install windows plugins and use them on a mac... ie; take a free RTAS plugin thats only available for windows, install using crossover and have it show up in Pro Tools. As of right now I can't figure out how to even get most applications to run which is just my lack of understanding in how Crossover works.

Any try this out?

is the "RTAS plugin" a plugin for a Windows application that has a mac port(The app, not the plugin)? In that case, it will not work in practise. In theory we could get it to work, but we would have to write a Win<->Mac wrapper library for each and every app. Often these plugins use proprietary interfaces that change constantly, so it is not something we could implement or maintain.

You can however use the Windows app and the Windows plugin in CrossOver.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWlcyeXhxTWVzS3FyR1pzVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9