Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

EVE freezes and cant game

At out of space, when station is on view crossover freezes.
when stargate is on view, game freezes too.

Cant play EVE Online anymore on this build

Hi,
Can you give some more information about your system and the settings you are playing EVE with?

Hiya.
My system is ....
Debian sid.
kernel 2.6.24-1-686
X video driver nVidia 173.08
(this driver is beta I know ... but need this to resolve bug of crush on backing to console )

Video Card geForce 7600GT x2 (SLI)
memory DDR2-800 1G x 2

I m using Compiz-Fusion 0.7.4 as window manager.

Tried to play EVE of Premium Contents with HDR off and Shadow off.

if you need more info, let me know please.

I am getting back now to dig out old regression reports. A few questions:

• Did eve work with the supported cxgames build?
  • Did you try to disable compiz?

Hiya. Welcome back.

EVE runs well on supported build(CrossOver Games 7.0.0).

and without compiz, still problems were there.

Side note: You do know that there is a Mac version of EVE-online correct? It works fairly well too.

I have seen a freeze in eve now myself, but this was when starting. I am investigating the problem.

Demzon wrote:

Side note: You do know that there is a Mac version of EVE-online
correct? It works fairly well too.

FYI - the Mac version of EVE does not support the Premium graphics, just like the Linux one. Only Windows (and maybe Crossover Games) gives the Premium graphics afaik.

Actually, I can't get the Premium graphics to work with Crossover either but that seems to be a bug brought in with the Empyreon Age update. Waiting for EVE to update to fix that.

Stefan Dösinger wrote:

I have seen a freeze in eve now myself, but this was when starting.
I am investigating the problem.

Not sure if it helps but I had a freeze in EVE on the options page. I went into this immediately after loading the game and it froze. I had to crash out of Crossover to clear this.

Running the demo version of Crossover Games (latest version - downloaded yesterday) on an iMac 2.66 GHz with 20" screen 2 Gb RAM. Mac OS X 10.5.4.

I had luck turning off hardware accelerated audio; seemed to fix the random freezes I was getting. I get exactly the same freeze in Windows with it on, on the same hardware.

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibndmR1RlNUI5NFh4dExaYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9