Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

WoWMatrix for World of Warcraft

On the non beta build of Crossover Games I was able to run the WoWMatrix.exe file and update my addons. However on the beta the screen freezes in the middle of scanning my addons. It worked just fine other than some black buttons in the previous version. Any idea what change may have caused this? Also I have been working to get GameTap working in the new beta. I got the install to work but it said a message about not having a high end video card. Is there a way I can tell it I do have a nice video card? In DirectX perhaps?

Brian

Hi,
Can you give me a link to the WoWMatrix software? This sounds like a regression, which are never good. Also a Winehq bug number is often helpful if you are aware of any. That's not required though, I can investigate things myself as well.

As for telling the app about your card: This is usually a bug in CrossOver(or in some way the app). DirectX has a HUGE set of capability flags, search for "IDirect3D9::GetDeviceCaps" on www.msdn.com for more info. Applications often expect a certain set of flags set, otherwise they complain that the card does not have enough features for them. If we do not set a flag it expects it complains. It is pretty hard to get this right, because some apps expect flags that do not make sense, or are restriction flags. This usually needs debugging on a per-application basis.

http://www.WoWMatrix.com

They soon after my post released a Linux version of WoWMatrix. Therefore it no longer needs to be run through crossover. So you can ignore my post altogether. =)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWXFVcUhtMmQ1dFhWeUpaNyIsImdkcHIiOjB9