Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

some issues I've found so far using experimental build

Hi all.

Just a quick note to let you knwo some of the problems I've experienced so far. This is mainly using Guild wars.

1.) Ctrl and Alt stopped working.
Ctrl and Alt stopped working when I moved to the experimental build. It's seems to only stop working in wine itself since I can still alt-left click to bring up the gnome menu. Ctrl and Alt are used extensively in Guildwars to show NPC and Players names.

2.) Mouse stops working when "switching" away from Game.
I run a multi workspace gnome setup which allows me to have GW running in workspace 1 and firebox in workspace 2 to allow me read up information while playing. This used to work fine in 7.0. The Experimental build allows me to switch away, but once I switch back the mouse doesn't work.

3.) Textures missing in Game.
I've noticed some textures disappear and reappear on various opjects in game. I have a screenshot of this happening.

Regards.
Henti

Howdy,

Some more problems. I can't register my account with the experimental build. download screen does nothing and it's exits back to a screen saying :

"Unable to locate and upgrade for Crossover Games. If this problem continues, contact CodeWeavers sales support at sales@CodeWeavers.com"

I've switched back to 7.0 and I'm running experimental in user install.

Will check against nightly build as well.

Henti

Hi,
I think we know about the Ctrl and Alt issues, this is a regression that happened in Wine. It is fixed in the wine git tree, we'll merge and provide and updated build when we have the chance.

There were some registration issues reported and I think fixed on the server side. Can you try again? We had some issues because this is the first time we activate nightly build demos

Ah, one more thing - can you mail the screenshot to stefan@codeweavers.com, or upload it somewhere and link it here?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ1lLTUt1TDhGM0tIN3F4NSIsImdkcHIiOjB9