Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quake III Arena

Hello there.

I have downloaded and installed the CodeWeavers Games program and I think its amazing! I have two days left of my trial so I want to make sure I will be able to run the games I'd like to play.

I was just wondering if it would be possible to install Quake III Arena off my CD. I tried this before but I can't seem to click on the installer, I think this is because they installer is for PPC (not a universal binary). I was hoping there is a clever way around this problem using CrossOver Games.

To play Quake III Arena, I need to install patches and an application called punkbuster and another appliaction called Version Switcher. I'd just like to know if this is possible?

If this is any use to you, I am using: iMac (white) Intel Core Duo 2 2.16Ghz, 2GB of RAM, Radeon X1600 graphics card and im running 10.5.3 version of Mac OS.

Thanks in advanced for your help,
Morgan.

CrossOver doesn't help you with running PPC MacOS games. They have to be run with rosetta. The Windows build of the game doesn't work properly as well, there are problems with the mouse.

Since there is a native MacOS build of Quake, and even the game's source code is released under the terms of the GPL, I highly recommend you to look for an x86 native Mac build of the game instead of running it with CrossOver. You'll safe yourself a lot of punkbuster hassle that way.

Thank you for your responce. :)

I can't seem to find how to run it on my mac but never mind. Thanks anyways. :)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQXNOc1J6d3FlZ3NxU0FmMyIsImdkcHIiOjB9