Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

shot online problem. bought the mac pro and game version of crossover help please

at first .even if i still ddnt install any other program i thnk this crossover is a real good job...

other than that coming to my problem .there is no problem installing the shot online i ve tried both in crossover pro mac and crossover games

in crossover games i think its harder because after installation is completed without a problem when it comes to the updates (its an online game ) like a hundred error screen opens and the updating stops and freezes

in crossover pro mac installs successfuly and also updates without a problem but after that while lounching the game at the end it says

''cannot open oreans.vxd driver. Make sure that oreans.vxd is not open by another program''

so this is the problem im having at the moment any ideas to fix the problem would be great and if there is no way to fix it now

well somebody responsble could tell me if there is any chance to make it happen because really this shot online is the only reason that i bought this program im sure that its really useful for other things too though and also again the only reason windows is installed in my mc book pro and it is again the only damn reason i use windows

so waiting for your helps and replys ...

Best regards.

This oreans.vxd driver is the Windows 98 GameGuard rootkit, and it doesn't and never will work on CrossOver unfortunately. You can try it in a win2k or winxp bottle, but GameGuard is known not to work currently. We may get it working in future versions, but I would not hold the hopes too high because it employs rootkit techniques.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicDJSUXRUY3hSUjVMRlpYciIsImdkcHIiOjB9