Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

TF2/Steam issue

I can play Team Fortress 2 Very well under the latest build but there is a problem that should be addressed from both the user standpoint and the developers might want to take a look at- Since you need to use STEAM to play you'll want to make sure you turn off community chat and friend alerts. I was happily playing online when a buddy signed on and the game window minimized. When booting into Windows the popup displays on screen. Under Crossover Games the alert minimized the window from which I could not recover. The game would maximize the windows- twitch then minimize it again.. Maximize and again minimize. This loop continued until I used CTRL-ALT-DEL to get out.

So from the user side- turn the alert feature off- better yet turn off Steam Community altogether.

From the developer side- perhaps there should be a more graceful way to handle this- either by loading what resources STEAM is calling on in what it thinks Windows is installed and during bottle creation or by eliminating the alerts completely.

Have you seen this?

My Specs,
Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz (t9500)
250Gb HD, nVidia 8600M GT
OS X 10.5.3.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZXM0cXdKYXVmcWtYa0NxVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9