Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

[GAME] Warhammer Online

Hi,

Excuse my english, I'm a poor frenchy :(

So, should be Warhammer Online supported by Crossover ?

Thanks a lot,

Mik

Anyone knows ? 😕

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=3683

Currently untested with wine 1.0, but known to not even pretend to work with older wines. That's the beta age of reckoning, of course. The real stuff isn't done in the studios yet. Come on october!!!

So, wait & see !

Thanks

Well, game's been fully released and the news post about the latest unsupported build says the team's trying to look at it soon.

In the meantime, anyone other than me trying to run Warhammer Online? I'm not able to install the game but have to copy both disks' "data" directories into a new directory I made then tell it to run the warpatch.bin in a bottle I created (it has DirectX, not much else). As per wine I copied a winhttp.dll into my windows/system32/ directory and made sure the Warhammer directory I created was writable (which got the patcher to run...sort of).

The first time I told it to run the warpatch.exe it actually ran correctly, but it wouldn't authenticate. Thereafter the warpatch.exe will not run at all, but running warpatch.bin will get me to a login screen if, after telling it to close a virtual desktop (at 1440x900 resolution, the native for the game) holding down "i" to get past the assertion errors. Unfortunately after entering my username/password it just up and dies with no errors. This is similar to the state of Wine 1.1.5 right now as well.

For reference, the following are the preparation steps I took:

-Create a bottle with DirectX
-Create a "Warhammer" directory in my bottle's drive_c
-Copy the contents of the data1 and data2 directories from the DVDs respectively into this directory
-Make the directory writable by the owner
-Copy a winhttp.dll into the windows/system32/ directory
-Tell CrossOver Games to run a windows command, "warpatch.bin."

Game doesn't even start but the patcher, with assertions, will start then die after entering username/password. Using Kubuntu 8.04 64-bit.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieUtFSmRkcWdRRnhlNHNOVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9