Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Metal Gear Solid installation problems...

I bought Crossover Mac last year in December, and tried installing the PC version of Metal Gear Solid since I lack a Playstation. I've encountered three problems:

1. After seeing that the full installation was taking forever, I canceled it and tried a minimum one. After installing, it wouldn't run.
  2. After deleting the application from the Crossover folder, the 220 MB didn't go back to my HD. Do I have to delete something else?
  3. This is why I came here; I have the game on a .iso and mounted it, then found SETUP.EXE and ran it. After deleting the minimum install, I decided to let my computer just do the full one for a while, but now it's requiring me to switch disks. I burned the .isos onto two disks, but they're still on my computer. My Macbook (non-Pro, running 10.5.4, 2 GB RAM) won't let me eject the drive. Should I force my CD drive to eject and insert the CD? Mounting disk 2 didn't do anything, so I assume if I can somehow get disk 2 in there (hopefully not by shoving it in) it'll install.

My question is: Should I force eject the disk? It's running SETUP.EXE, so I'm not sure if it will crash and my install will be for nothing. If the thing doesn't install, should I use the .isos on my computer? If so, how would it detect the "second disk?" Could I use SETUP.EXE from my computer, then insert my burned copy of the second .iso and work out fine? Am I asking too many questions?

A fast response would be appreciated; I'm going in for oral surgery (wisdom teeth, yay) tomorrow and am taking anxiety medication tonight, so I'm not sure if I'll be in the right... Mindset for fiddling around with my computer any time afterwards.

Thanks in advance!

I tried using Crossover Games with the .iso of the computer; installation went fine when I used the "eject" button in games and I then mounted the second .iso. It was MUCH quicker, too.

Naturally, after all this, it doesn't actually run... Oh well.

Did you look up the game in our compatibility database at c4.codeweavers.com. Mind you, it is an unsupported game, and we have no experience with it, so we cannot really help here.

Regarding the lack of disk space: We usually never work on getting uninstalling working, we thing it is better to make more apps install and run instead. The uninstallation may fail silently. Deleting the bottle is usually the best way to get rid of applications.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWkNoVHhlVUtxUExmRlBMciIsImdkcHIiOjB9