Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

trying to play WAR on an Imac

i dunno which version of crossover i have but im pretty sure its the normal one and stuff but i have a imac os x and im trying to install warhammer online when i try to install it i click unsupported software and when its installing it gets to the end and says unsupported program and i dun see it on the bottle i made it go to so i would really like it if someone can help me out here warhammer comes with 2 disc to install so SO PLEASE HELP!

DISCLAIMER: I don't have it actually "working" either, but I've got an answer for this at least. I'm also on Linux (Kubuntu 8.04 64-bit), but the process should be the same/similar.

First make a bottle with DirectX. Google for "winhttp.dll" and copy it into the bottle's "drive_c/windows/system32/" directory (I work on this from the command line, I'm not sure how familiar you may be with that. In OS X the terminal should be similar, which would mean it'd be "/<path to your user account>/.cx<something/<bottle>/drive_c/windows/system32/").

Don't bother trying to install it. For some reason the installer just starts up, you agree, and it dies. Fortunately Warhammer Online needs no installation, just the files (I even did this on Windows, so we know it should play nicely this way).

Load in the first disk and make a directory under the bottle's drive_c somewhere and name it something appropriate. For me, I did "Warhammer" under the "Program Files" directory but it really doesn't matter (for reference on Linux this looks like "/home/myuser/.cxgames/warhammerbottle/drive_c/Program\ Files/Warhammer/"). Then copy the contents of the "data1" directory off the first DVD entirely into that directory. When done put in the second disk and do the same but data2's contents this time.

When you've done all that, fire up CrossOver and tell it to run a command in a bottle. Direct it to the "/path/to/Warhammer/warpatch.bin." You can try the exe but I had zero luck with that. While my luck with the bin isn't much better (refuses to authenticate and start up, like a lot of people apparently) this is a little further than you were before.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibWRLblVUTWdQekdRZThIMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9