Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Adventure Maker?

Thanks for access to the unsupported builds. Good fun!

The current one works fine for me. I'm a bit of a retro gamer and mainly want to get the Myst series of games working on my intel Mac. Crossover Games and the current Unsupported build don't buy me any additional working games over Crossover Mac, but the ones that do work seem smoother, faster and with better quality graphics.

FYI here is my experience with Crossover Mac, Games and Unsupported implementations:

Myst 1 - none of the versions of the game or WINE work for me. All install, but then say they can't find the CD when they run. Probably a copy protection problem.
Riven (Myst 2) - DVD edition works. Much better on Games and Unsupported builds
Exile (Myst 3) - Works OK. Won't run in DX9 mode - says I don't have the graphics card for it. Software rendering is OK, but a bit blocky.
Uru - Won't install. Installer window comes up, but "install button" doesn't initiate any action

And finally, the subject in the title. I am trying to run a game written with the freeware software Adventure Maker (http://www.adventuremaker.com/) which is used to write point and click adventure games like (you guessed it!) Myst. It won't get past the startup screen.

Any comments/suggestions on any of the issues above would be most welcome.

Thanks

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTDlKUU5oZDlBYzlWQWg0TCIsImdkcHIiOjB9