Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

GURPS Character Assistant, Error: 30001

I am attempting to run GCA in the OS X version of CrossOver (the demo version for now). I realize it is unsupported, however the version I am attempting to run is currently considered a gold version with Wine, and it seems to go great, until it actually finishes the start up. Then I get an error that says:

'modForms: BuildSmartBar: Error 30001: unable to open the picture file "%1"'

Based on my (rather limited) knowledge, that looks like a command prompt of an expected input variable, and I found a post on the WineHQ forums that suggests "cd-ing to the directory first" http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=5244&sid=fb98deab1f944ca1b78782d3ba9a1a6d

I am not sure how I would do that - I believe that this means that the running directory needs to be the directory the software is installed in - is this the case? Is there a way to make the system do this? This is one of the main programs I am interested in using with this software, and this would be a deal breaker for me. I would hate to shell out my money to not have it work.

Sorry for the longish post, any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi,

Two things - have you copied the 2 dll's mentioned in the WineHQ posting
regarding this title? (riched20.dll and oleaut32.dll)?

Regarding running things/cd-ing into directories, you may find the following
of some use...see;

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/docs/unsupported/misc#racl

Obviously, linux paths are shown on that page - Mac equivalent to these paths
would be something like ;

/Library/Application Support/Crossover Games/Bottles/bottle_name/drive_c/Program Files/program-install-dir/

You would cd into that directory, and run /path/to/crossover/bin/wine gca4.exe

Hope this helps!....

Cheers!

Yes, I copied the two DLLs - same problem. I will look at the support doc you linked - I did not see it when I went searching originally. Thank you.

So I copied the dll's a second time (just to triple check), and then changed the config to Windows(native) for the two dll's when related to the executable, simulated a reboot and it worked! Thank you for your help - now just to check the other two programs I am interested in :)

Andrew Perkins wrote:

So I copied the dll's a second time (just to triple check), and then
changed the config to Windows(native) for the two dll's when related
to the executable, simulated a reboot and it worked! Thank you for
your help - now just to check the other two programs I am interested
in :)

Ahh yes, I should've mentioned that -- DLL overrides will be necessary for these two
DLL files, as wine_native versions of same are provided by the crossover/wine environment.

Btw, this is the wrong forum for this ('unsupported build' refers to the crossover builds, not
windows applications that are 'unsupported' ;) If you need to post any other questions, please
use one of the general forums ;

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/

Good to hear you had a win - good luck with the other titles!

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOVJhTmZHd2R0TkFhY0N0diIsImdkcHIiOjB9