Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Macports wine-crossover-games

I hope this is at least the semi-right place to ask this. If not, I apologize. I have installed the wine-crossover-games package from Macports on Mac OS X 10.6 and found that winecfg is not in /opt/local/bin/winecfg like it is with my installation of wine-devel on a different OS X machine. Rather it is buried in /opt/local/lib/wine/winecfg.exe.so. I know I could setup an alias or symlink or add the path to my... path, but I thought I'd note the unexpected behavior. Some people on the Wine mailing list suggested this might be intentional but I thought I'd verify.

This macports build takes our wine source code and builds it standalone. This is perfectly legal since Wine is licensed under the LGPL, but the result is not a normal CrossOver games, so we cannot provide support for it. Please ask the Macports maintainers for help on this(The Wine people are unlikely to help for anything that's not 100% their source either)

Okay, thanks. Third time is a charm! :)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQnduVldybjRmU0ZXSFZyTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9