Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Unable to install a software from my company

Hello,
I have an evaluation version of Crossover Mac and i am unable to install the software that I would like. It is a remote editing software that is done by the agency I am working for.
Running 10.6.2 on an iMac.
I have installed all .NET up to 3.0, XML up to 6.0and try to launch the installer (with .msi) and from it stops just after starting.
I have tried installing the Microsoft Installer version 4.5 and still no luck after the setup wizard comes it crashes after the location setting.
The "console" says it could not find a plug to copy.
Has anyone any idea of what that could be ?
I have run succesfully IE 7 on it.

Hi,

First up, this forum is for unsupported builds of crossover ; you are
using a supported build of crossover - Crossover Mac. Ergo, the general
(or Mac) discussion forums would be a more appropriate place to post this
query (hardly anyone watches this forum).

Regarding your problem, you would have to generate a debug log of the installation
(or point us to a demo version of the software if possible) before anyone can
really help you with an issue such as this. I am aware of a regression that did (not
sure if it still does) exist in wine post wine-1.0.0 --- if possible, I would retry
with the current wine-stable offering with your program, just to try exclude the
possibility the same regression still exists..

Hope this helps..

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTm13Y0dGeXVKMjZtUndNVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9