Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CXGames 9.0 beta and Deus Ex - Keyboard MIA?

So I downloaded 9.0beta to use the new Steam UI, and then I downloaded Deus EX GotY. Mouse works fine, but the bottom portion of the screen is cut off and the keyboard doesn't work. Any ideas?

What version of Mac OS X are you using? What graphics chipset does your Mac have?

When you're playing Deus Ex, does the Mac menu bar still show? If so, that indicates that CrossOver isn't in its full-screen mode. Try changing the screen resolution that Deus Ex is configured to use. You could also try playing Deus Ex in windowed mode, if it supports that.

Regarding the keyboard, I'm not sure what's going on there. Make sure Deus Ex has keyboard focus by clicking in its window. Also, try hitting each modifier key (Shift, Control, Option, Command) once to make sure the game doesn't think they are stuck down.

Sorry about the lack of info. Here's the particulars:

First Gen Unibody Macbook Pro 15"
Geforce 9400m Enabled, 9600GTm disabled
4GB RAM
OS 10.6.3

• I'm using a virtual desktop set to 1280x800, with in game settings also set to 1280x800.
• I initially tried out the new OpenGL renderer, but then switched to the stock D3D renderer.
• Focus was on the window.
• No modifier keys seemed to have any effect.

However, for some reason everything is working perfectly now. I can even adjust the brightness! Dunno what happened between now and last night, but there are no problems. Weird...

FWIW, I had a similar issue here last night on this linux box after the Steam
client update when playing a Source based game -- best I could figure it, the
Steam client was actually still downloading updates in the background, and it
wasn't until a subsequent restart of the Steam client that keyboard input started
working again.....

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVlVzZDZZWWM1bTdVWlllZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9