Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver Games 9 and EVEMon

So I can install EVEMon and the .NET Framework 2.0 onto my CrossOver bottle. But when I go to add a character into EVEMon it throws a tantrum.

"An error occured and EVEMon was unable to handle the error message gracefully

The Exception encountered was 'A generic error occured in GDI+.'.

Please report this on the EVEMon forums."

Currently my gdiplus settings for the bottle I have this installed on is set to (native, builtin).

If anyone wants to help me out I'd appreciate the effort.

David

Hi,

Seen this before...sometimes, not always... the following works ;

Using mainstream wine & winetricks => issue the command 'winetricks gdiplus'
then copy the 'gdiplus.dll' from <winedir>/drive_c/windows/system32/ into your
<bottle_name>/drive_c/windows/system32/ directory and set regedit library override
for gdiplus to 'native'... (not 'native/builtin')..

..or..

Google is your friend, find one and do as per above.

The only real difference is that with the first method, you know you're getting this;

http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/b/c/abc45517-97a0-4cee-a362-1957be2f24e1/WindowsXP-KB975337-x86-ENU.exe

...I suppose you could always do this manually as well...download the above
.exe, hit it with cabextract and pipe your output through gzip & so on just
like the winetricks scripts do...<grin>...but like I say, sometimes it helps,
sometimes it doesn't help {enough}, iirc this all relates back to as yet
unimplemented windows codecs ....there's a bit of info over at wineHQ here so
related (I believe this is where my memory is citing from 8)..;

http://wiki.winehq.org/GdiPlus?highlight=%28gdiplus%29

Have a read around there, and the related winelib dlls it ropes in ; gives you
a good picture of where gdiplus is right now...

Hope this helps..

Cheers!

Don,

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

As per the first part of your post, I know nothing about mainstream wine & winetricks so I'm lost and confused about it.

I've tried to google this and got the link to the microsoft file you provided however I don't have a cabextract file and can't crack it to get the gdiplus.dll file. I'll keep trying in regards to this.

As per the winehq wiki, yeah it was this article that I tried to follow when I got stuck, confused, and finally gave up to ask my question here.

Well then, I'm going to try round two on this.

Wish me luck,

David

P.S. I'm grabbing this gdiplus.dll file from a friends windows installation right now.

Okay, update...

Stealing the gdiplus.dll file from my room mates microsoft vista made the program work!!!! WOOT!!!

Good to hear, I forgot to mention that approach ; I tend to
overlook using windows as the donor (;

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWWduSFBIcExFeGtYdWhDSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9