Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

winecfg error with Crossover games 9.0beta4

Hi,

crossover games throws consistently this error after selecting the audio tab and then ok to whatever changes I make (sometimes just selecting the audio tab brings the error): "the program winecfg.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close ". As far as I can see there are no serious consequences (i.e. audio works just fine). The more worrisome thing is that wine (ahem... wine as packaged in mike kronenberg's winebottler) throws the same error with the same actions, meaning there is a problem with the software of my machine (or, alternatively, some conflict between wine > 1.1.35 and OSX)
Any thoughts?

My specs: Aluminum Macbook 5,1 Intel 2 Ghz C2D, Nvidia 9400 GPU, 4GB RAM, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, Xquartz 2.5.0

It is not your machine. It's happening generally on Macs with recent versions of Wine, as you've noticed. We have a bug in our bug tracker for it. It may not get fixed before CrossOver Games 9 is released, though.

You shouldn't need to access that tab of winecfg, though, so I don't think it's blocking anything important.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQjJINDd5dHAzdTdDSHZ6ayIsImdkcHIiOjB9