Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Panel showing over Full Screen Games

I've got a problem I haven't seen in my years of using crossover, that has been cropping up with a couple recent installs of my games. In these games (Civ 4 and Unreal Tourny 2004) the game is fullscreen, and everything works, but my bottom panel is displayed over the game. I've tried clicking on the game, the panel, alt-tabbing and using the window sorter for compiz to no effect. With Unreal, I managed to get it working by switching the resolution, but that only lasted that instance, and the problem returned the next time I played until I again changed the resolution. This problem is only for some games as Masters of Orion 2, the half-life games and Birth of the Federation do not generate this problem.

I'm currently using the Cxgames 9.0 beta7, though this problem was also with 8.1.4. I'm running Linux Mint 8 gnome x64. Thank you for any help.

Hi. Try to turn off compiz. I have the same problem running some games with compiz turned on. This is a known bug.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidEpWUGtweHdWWFlVUGZSYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9