Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Possible to use beta side by side?

Hi I'm thinking about installing v9 as I still have issues with LOTRO but was wondering if I can I use the v9 beta side by side with my official build and use the existing wine bottle so I don't have to go through the whole LOTRO install process again.

Thanks

Hey,

there was a forum post some time ago, cannot find it just now. Anywho, as I remember, you can go to the Application folder and rename the current version of crossover (just add version number at the end , i.e. Crossover Games8). Then you can install the beta. Be advised that every time you start one of them, it will need to update all your bottles (takes about 30s or so). Alternatively, I think you can point one of the crossover games versions to use bottles in some other folder than /Library/Application Support/Crossover Games.
Hope this makes sense and helps.

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

I know that in my case (I only use Crossover for LoTRO), I have had no problems with the v9 release. I get some framerate drops in certain circumstances (lighting/fog issue?) but nothing that is a showstopper. I'm using a Macbook Pro, 2008 model, 2.5GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8600GT 512MB. With the amount of heat this beast puts out, I've actually found the dx9 mode of crossover to be safer to play in than when I do bootcamp and fiddle with the dx10 features turned on.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicWVISlNLVVFCeDlwWENneSIsImdkcHIiOjB9