Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Impossible to contact you guys

I can't make the web-based contact software work - it just goes round in an never-ending loop - and you haven't replied to my direct email, so I'm forced to post here.

I use a Windows program called "Digital Fake Book" - http://mike-warren.net/digital-fake-book-update-1-9-7/ - and I would kill for a version that ran on an Android tablet (v4.1.1) as it would complement the rest of my music charts (for which I use Mobile Sheets).

Unfortunately the author of this program seems to have neither the time nor the inclination to work on an Android version, so I was wondering if I, as merely a customer, could have it ported by you? If so, what would you need - just the existing program, or is the source code necessary (I believe it's written in Delphi)?

Given that it is possible, what sort of cost is involved in doing this?

Regards

Graeme Jaye

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

CrossOver is a packaged version of WINE - a windows emulation layer for *nix OSes.

CrossOver doesn't support Android yet.

In fact, WINE hasn't been ported to Android yet due to x86 vs ARM binary compatibility issues.

You can see if there is an virtual machine for Android that can run Windows... but I bet it will be slow - very slow.

He's probably referring to http://www.codeweavers.com/about/general/press/20130605/, and if you look at our porting page you can see that we do offer ports to Android.

However, porting an application without authorization from the copyright holder doesn't make sense as we then wouldn't have a license to distribute the port.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZlVwTkFwenNUaDJDZXJZZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9