Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

"RUFUS" App Runs under Crossover But Cannot Find Devices

I recently downloaded RUFUS, a Windows app that will install ISO software onto a USB flash drive to make it bootable. Crossover opens this program, but whereas RUFUS should list found devices (such as USB flash drives and CD/DVD writers), these text windows are blank, and the bottom section of the RUFUS window shows "0 devices found." I have no idea whether this is a Mac OS X (10.10.0) problem, a Crossover problem, or a RUFUS problem. I formatted the USB flash drive as FAT 32, and partitioned it as a Master Boot Record. Could the problem be that I used Apple's Disk Utility program to set up the drive? (Probably not, since the CD/DVD writer isn't seen by RUFUS either.)

If anyone has ideas or comments on this issue, I would appreciate your reply. Thanks for reading!

---- Bill Strohm

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOFU4WHhRUUpnTnY4cmtLNyIsImdkcHIiOjB9