Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Please Help - Bottle Not Completing

Hi Folks,

I am creating a bottle for EverQuest which is not one of the supported applications. I started the process and
it the EQ Launcher fine and from there I was able to install EQ and it works. The problem is in Crossover it is
stuck on "Installing Unlisted Application EverQuest". I had this happen earlier and when I exited EQ there was not
bottle to go back to and I had to restart from scratch.

Can anyone tell me what I should do?

Thanks you!
-Andy

Are you trying to run the original version of EverQuest or one of the newer versions?

What has likely happened is that a process which would close out your application is still running. That will prevent CrossOver from finalizing the installation and leaving your with appropriate launchers. Are you on Mac or Linux?

I think that if you cancel out of the installation, CrossOver should clean up and leave you with something that runs.

When you launch CrossOver, you should be able to toggle the bottle view by clicking the bottle button in the upper left corner of the main screen. This should reveal an "EverQuest" bottle that might have most of the application installed. If you then choose "Run Command" out of this bottle and point CrossOver at the executable to launch EverQuest, verify that works and then use the "Create Launcher" button to permanently save your manual actions.

If you continue to have trouble, I recommend emailing our Support Team at info@codeweavers.com.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWlFjcXJXdUttUm00Q1ZCcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9