Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Wimba Diploma 6.7.2 Runtime Error 30001

I recently purchased Crossover 20.0.2 in order to continue using my testmaking programs on my Mac once I upgrade to Big Sur (currently running Mojave 10.14.6) . This is an Exam program to create, print, and edit exams. The Mac version will no longer work after Mojave (reason I didn't upgrade to Catalina (10.15) because of it being a 32-bit app. The issue being that this program is supplied with many textbooks and downloadable from the publishers. I have probably used iterations of this program for nearly 20 years. Long story short. I installed, but it required installing some other libraries during the process. Then, when you try to open the program, you get "Run-time error '30001': Unable to open the picture file "%1" " and the program will close. The "equation editor" part of the install will run fine, but not the Diploma program itself. I figured this must be related to one of the libraries it has to install within the shell. The libraries it says to install are:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 8.0 (includes ATL and MFC) Service Pack 1
Microsoft Visual Basic Virtual Machine 6.0 Service Pack 6
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 6.0 Service Pack 6 (includes ATL and MFC)

These libraries seem to install fine and the program will go all the way through the install. It is only when opening the app that the Runtime Error will appear.

I am a Newbie and not an expert at coding by any stretch of means. Any assistance appreciated.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZnNwM04zQUhRM0NTbVpBOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9