Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

Unsupported Build General Discussion
Comments and Questions about Unsupported Builds.
*NOTE* These builds are unsupported, do not expect full technical support in this forum.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Software using .mdb file as database

Hello,

I have a software on windows using mdb file as database. I try to use it with Cross over and can launch the soft. There is no connection with the main mdb file and no data can be read or write to the mdb file.

This is a part of the installshield report on windows. Maybe you can help me and you know what kind of bottle I need to set :

CMDialog ActiveX Control DLL
DAO360
DCOM95
MDAC 2.7 Sp1 (English)
MFCDLL Shared Library - Retail Version
Microsoft (R) C Runtime Library
Microsoft Common Controls 2 ActiveX Control DLL
Microsoft Component Category Manager Library
Microsoft Hierarchical FlexGrid Control
Microsoft OLE 2.40 for Windows NT(TM) and Windows 95(TM) Operating Systems
Microsoft Standard Data Formating Object DLL
Microsoft Winsock Control DLL
OLE DB 2.1
Visual Basic Virtual Machine
Windows Common Controls ActiveX Control DLL

Thanks fot any help

Fix

To start with, I recommend installing "Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8", "Windows OLE Components", "Microsoft Visual Basic 6 Service Pack 6 runtime", and "Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Redistributable", all of which you can find in CrossOver's software installer, listed under Runtime Support Components. Those seem to correspond to items on your list.

You'll also want to be using a win98-type bottle, too.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZWI5WENmVGhiRlNGQ2I3diIsImdkcHIiOjB9