Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

FreeBSD Build
This forum is for discussion about our FreeBSD builds only.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Any news for crossover@freebsd 12.x?

Hi!

due to the fact that linux sometimes really suxx more and more since the last years since kernel 2.6 (and some other things that p***** me off regarding to kernel and more) i jumped sidewards back to FreeBSD.

Guess what, FreeBSD 9.1 really rocks again! Meaning, i have ZFS, i have crypt with geli, i have my good old gnome2 and even nvidia graphics with compiz! Virtualbox also works, i am missing nothing yet. Yayyyyyy!

But wait, something is missing... Crossover! :)
I looked at the unsupported builds, seems to be a bit outdated - but i understand that cx on BSD is maybe just 0,001% of all users who are using wine stuff and that is not enough.

I just wanted to say that there's another Codeweavers Advocate now who can help on FreeBSD with crossover testing and more.
Btw, i am using the wine-1.5.22 build from http://www.mediafire.com/wine_fbsd64#1b9bgcgbe325n (linked from http://people.freebsd.org/~ivoras/wine/) and it really works grrrrrrrrrrrreat!

I had no bigger problem playing Guild Wars 2 in its own wineprefix. It just took my GW2 cxoffice prefix, copied it to FreeBSD and started it with

__GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1, LD_PRELOAD="libGL.so.1" WINEDEBUG=-all WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-bottles/gw2 /usr/local/bin/ck-launch-session wine "/usr/home/terminar/.wine-bottles/gw2/drive_c/Program Files/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.exe" -dx9single

The parameters are taken from the winedb comments.

That means, there is a big chance that it is possible that maybe without big changes the freebsd build will be working...
Just my two cents.

Bye
Björn

Hey Björn,

want too! 😊

Regards
Jens

Hello Björn, Jens,

I run FreeBSD 9.1 and want Xover to run native Microsoft applications for uni.

Björn, have you attempted run Xover via the Linux compatibility layer in FreeBSD?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidHF0ZlZmZ2N4TXpIZnVKcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9