Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

FreeBSD Build
This forum is for discussion about our FreeBSD builds only.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Hey

hey im using Linux right now on my laptop, ill be getting an upgraded desktop, i was wondering if PCBSD is any good and a good platform to try CX products on.
For a total n00b, who knows only linux as far as any *nix system goes, is PCBSD the way to go or should i try FreeBSD?

I think perhaps *BSD builds are for the most part unsupported right now.
AFAIK you'll fair much better using crossover on linux and/or Mac osx.

As far as *nix type systems go, the BSDs are as unlike linux as you're
ever likely to get - there's nothing wrong with that, and perhaps the
best way to example this is to install a BSD and find out for yourself.
They might look the same, use a lot of the same software linux systems
use, but the actual workings of a BSD system are much different.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTVpoN2JKdVprSFlIUk5QbiIsImdkcHIiOjB9