Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

FreeBSD Build
This forum is for discussion about our FreeBSD builds only.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver 8.0 FreeBSD build up

Hi,

We have put up a FreeBSD build of the latest CrossOver 8.0 release.
You can get it from the usual place. It should work on FreeBSD 7.0 or greater and on PC-BSD.

It's built from the same code base as the Linux release so it should benefit from the same improvements.
You can get the details there:
http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxlinux/change_log/

Enjoy,

Francois

Thanks Francois. I install CrossOver 8.0 on PCBSD 7.1.1 no problem. Dragged over several bottles from my Ubuntu box and restored them (Office, Visio, ConceptDraw...) everything worked... except I cannot register my beta.

Thanks, I'll see if I can give it a spin on the latest PC-BSD!

A couple gotchas I haven't seen mentioned on the site is that you'll have to make sure that archivers/libzip is installed prior to trying installation. It took me a while to track down that error since I couldn't find a specific reference to the package that libz.so.4 comes in. And the registration screen behaves a bit oddly in that it allows you to cut and paste the registration information, but won't give you the ability to register unless you type at least one of the characters in. Seems like it should either require typing all of them or it should only require changing fields.

hedwards wrote:

<snip>

And the registration screen behaves a bit oddly in that it allows
you to cut and paste the registration information, but won't give
you the ability to register unless you type at least one of the
characters in. Seems like it should either require typing all of
them or it should only require changing fields.

Actually, I see this same behavior with linux too, so this at least is not just a *BSD thing...

Cheers!

Ok, I really like Crossover for FreeBSD. Tell me how much it is
going to cost ,and I will pay it to show my support . I have
shown my support for other products for FreeBSD in the past. I
have paid for Win4BSD, for instance, long before it became free
for personal use. I have also paid for QCad, and other FreeBSD
software. I have purchased just about every cd set , and book
on FreeBSD. I am not alone in this. Sure, we have a small footprint,
but we are truely inspired by FreeBSD and want Crossover for FreeBSD.

Thank you for your efforts, you are generous to spend your time to
port this over.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZmhtdEFBSGRjMnBKWEdCcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9