Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Chromium
Our OEM port of Google's Chromium web browser.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Chromium

First - I love your product. I have had a few troubles with Office 2007 (Outlook) but that is certainly not a show stopper.

That being said, I am excited to try Crossover Chromium. I am downloading it now and I am excited to see what else the Crossover team can offer Linux users. You have shown me over and over again that running a Linux environment need not be scarey or exhausting.

Thanks Crossover - and I will report back shortly.

Thanks for the kind words, and I hope you like Chromium.

(p.s. We hope to have 7.1 out very soon, and it should make Outlook 2007 a good deal nicer).

Cheers,

Jeremy

Splendid idea, really! :)

Unfortunately, Chromium doesn't start for me. Instead, I'll end up with a Windows requester telling me "Google Chrome does not support Windows 2000. Some features may not work."

Mac OSX, 10.5.4 (fully patched), MacBook 2GHz Core Duo.

Carlo Zottmann wrote:

Splendid idea, really! :)

Unfortunately, Chromium doesn't start for me. Instead, I'll end up
with a Windows requester telling me "Google Chrome does not support
Windows 2000. Some features may not work."

Mac OSX, 10.5.4 (fully patched), MacBook 2GHz Core Duo.

Are you using our .dmg file, or are you trying to use regular CrossOver to run Chrome? If the former, I'm really puzzled, if the latter, then I suggest you head over to http://chromium.codeweavers.com.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Chromium had some pretty major issues for me in Hardy Heron. I run a dual screen setup, with Screen 1 on the left and Screen 0 on the right. When I tried to move Chromium, it took the mouse position from the top left of screen 1, so if I dragged the mouse all the way to the left of screen 1, it just about got to the left of screen 0! However, I think this is a general Chromium issue, and not anything to do with the Crossover version.

That said, you are all to be highly commended for giving us something to do rendering tests with and that is generally usable, thanks :)

Been trying out your DMG-packed version.

Hey guys!

Crossover Chromium works on my mac.. however one problem (not sure if it's crossover or chrome itself...) but i have a local outgoing firewall (so i have to approve outgoing packets) ... and chromium launched and proceeded to infinitely popup a dialogue about not being able to establish the connection. I had to force quit the app and add a rule to allow it's traffic in order to make it go away..

anyhow, works like a charm now! cheers!

Carlo Zottmann wrote:

Been trying out your DMG-packed version.

Huh. Do you have a Wine or darwine install, or any flavor of CrossOver installed?

Running Ubuntu Hardy: Received the following error on install:

"cxbottle:warning: The current character encoding (UTF-8) may not be compatible with the encoding of the bottle (ISO-8859-1). This may cause applications to not find their files and thus lead to malfunctions."

cxchromium then starts (and looks good) but crashes after entering text in the search-bar and pressing enter.

been using it for a few hours. it works fine, which is awesome. however, it doesnt allow me to maximize and it runs a little slow.

however, it does run and shows the coding genius of the crossover team. well done guys.

Malcolm wrote:

Running Ubuntu Hardy: Received the following error on install:
"cxbottle:warning: The current character encoding (UTF-8) may not be
compatible with the encoding of the bottle (ISO-8859-1). This may
cause applications to not find their files and thus lead to
malfunctions."
cxchromium then starts (and looks good) but crashes after entering
text in the search-bar and pressing enter.

Exact same issue on both 32 bit Ubuntu Hardy at office and 64 bit Ubuntu Hardy at home. Both have crossover installed already-- I suspect it's putting chromium into a bottle in the existing setup and migrating the incorrect character encoding.

I have installed CrossOver Chronium with no problem. You guys have done a fine work to make it simple to us Ubuntu-users! Great thanks!

However I found it slow and some homepages can't load correctly (i.e a Swedish car homepage) so I think I will wait untill Chronium comes with the final version before I use it again.

So my question is, how do I uninstall it? The Uninstall does not work for me! I get a message that "CrossOver Chronium has been removed from your account. To fully uninstall it, run '/opt/cxchromium/bin/cxuninstall' as root." But when I do that I get another message that there has been an error!

Would be greatfull if someone could help me with this!

Thank you kindly!

/Nikke

Nikke wrote:

is, how do I uninstall it? The Uninstall does not work for me! I
get a message that "CrossOver Chronium has been removed from your
account. To fully uninstall it, run
'/opt/cxchromium/bin/cxuninstall' as root." But when I do that I get
another message that there has been an error!
/Nikke

Hi Nikke,

If you installed it using the .deb package (which is what we offer for Ubuntu users), your best bet is to use the Synaptic package manager (look under the Administration tools) to remove it. A command line way to do that is this:

sudo aptitude purge cxchromium

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jeremy White wrote:

Nikke wrote:

is, how do I uninstall it? The Uninstall does not
work for me! I get a message that "CrossOver Chronium has been
removed from your account. To fully uninstall it, run
'/opt/cxchromium/bin/cxuninstall' as root." But when I do that I
get
another message that there has been an error!
/Nikke

Hi Nikke,

If you installed it using the .deb package (which is what we offer
for Ubuntu users), your best bet is to use the Synaptic package
manager (look under the Administration tools) to remove it. A
command line way to do that is this:

sudo aptitude purge cxchromium

Cheers,

Jeremy

Thank you kindly! That worked just fine and easy with the Synaptic package manager! I should have thought of that myself but... Thanks, keep up the good job!

Best wishes,

Nikke

As mentioned on another thread (https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/unsupported/?=;t=29;msg=40460) - to which no replies have been forthcoming - I received a similar bottle warning, but it did not prevent Chromium from functioning, even though fonts do not render quite as they should. Interestingly enough, changing the character encoding to ISO-8859-1 did not alter Chromium in any manner I could discern. I've discovered that when checking «Tools» (the spanner icon) → «On Google Chrome», I receive a notice to the effect that the update server is not available (Error : 1). Is the CrossOver version for Linux being updated to correspond with the Google Chrome version for Windows ?...

Henri

1 to 15 of 15

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQkdZdHBrY0pNTDRja1ZzUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9