Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Chromium
Our OEM port of Google's Chromium web browser.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

proxy

the proxy settings dont show up. also, the text overflows in buttons (in preferences)

Clicking on the proxy button does not bring up a new window or tab to set the proxy settings.

Setting environment variables (HTTP_PROXY) and running via the open command also does not set the proxy correctly.

I had a dig around the windows-like preference files (user.reg, system.reg) but could not figure out how to set the proxy.

Looks like it will import proxy settings from IE though....

I just used the copy of wine and regedit that come with CrossOver Chromium to set the proxy settings (Chrome on Windows seems to use the Internet Explorer/Windows proxy settings), but I'm still unable to browse the internet. Just tried copying the internet settings control panel applet from windows and couldn't get it to show up in the wine control panel.

i use os x and have the same problem. CrossOver Chromium works in the intranet environment but i can´t change the proxy cause no window appears after clicking the buttom.
but nevertheless, its a great idea, to have built crossover chromium

the proxy settings dont show up for me too, am using redhat version

I agree. I too cannot access the Proxy settings. I am using the Mac OS X version of Chromium.

I'm getting the same problem.

same here

I am also having same prob with suse linux.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR3loY3MyZkVNM0tNUWh2QyIsImdkcHIiOjB9