Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Chromium
Our OEM port of Google's Chromium web browser.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Works great on Xubuntu Gutsy!

Thanks guys! Great job!

I downloaded Chrome for Windows when the beta first came out, and I'm really liking where this project is going.

Thanks for bringing it to my preferred desktop Xubuntu Gutsy.

Couple things I noticed:

• The description in the .deb package seems wrong -- might want to check
  • Does not seem to install the menu item under Xubuntu (according to my notes, apps need to place their .desktop files in /usr/share/applications/ for them to appear on the menu automatically)
  • The status/progress window in lower left corner seems to be stuck permanently on all my workspaces
  • Homepage view with thumbnails does not seem to work (they're always blank)

Other than that, I can report that THIS THING ROCKS! It is very fast, and I would venture to say possibly even faster than the latest Firefox 2 available in the Gutsy repo. Can't wait for the native version...
::Kevin

Just as a followup... I reported above that the Homepage view with thumbnails was not working. However, it appears to be working now! So not sure if there was some sort of delay or other reason that they did not show up immediately. Seems fine now.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQXc3NlFxdWNGSlBaVXFxSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9