Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Chromium
Our OEM port of Google's Chromium web browser.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Is this project still being worked on?

Is this project still being worked on? The downloadable package hasn't been updated since the initial release. I don't see any posts on the forum by Code Weavers employees in the last few weeks.

It would be a shame if Code Weavers did all that work to rush a beta market as a publicity stunt but failed to follow through and polish off a few rough edges. As far as I can tell, the app is unusable on multimonitor displays. (See https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/unsupported/?t=29;msg=40394 .)

Hi Brendan,

That's tricky to answer. Are we heads down in the kind of crunch we were in for 11 days to polish this up? No. We wanted to push out a proof of concept, not a perfect port. Google is doing full ports another way; we don't want to duplicate that effort. On the other hand, we are always continuing to work on Wine, and that sort of multiple monitor failure is both interesting...and hard. And then finally, I'm afraid that most Wine work is going to come to a halt for a few days; this weekend is our annual Wine conference, as most of the Wine developers gather for a meeting. That's going to mire us up in a series of meetings and celebrations, so you're going to see a delay in responses from us for a while as a result.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jeremy,

Do you have any reponses to the hidden proxy button problem (see link below) - that's about all that prevents me from using Chromium.

thanks,

Johan

Proxy thread

I'm afraid not; the native ports are moving right along, and I think at this point we think CrossOver Chromium is most appropriate as a proof of concept.

Cheers,

Jeremy

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVU1uNEtmTGVkRXFVcWJZNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9