Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Chromium
Our OEM port of Google's Chromium web browser.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Chromium kidnapped wine programs?

Lately when I double-click a setup.exe file for example, it installs the program and then runs it when finished. But it doesn't show up as an app in Wine menu (ubuntu), nor could I find it in the .wine Program Files folder. After much hair pulling and trying hard to figure out where these programs were being installed, since they weren't being installed in Wine, I finally realized they were being placed in the .cxchromium folder. Why? Yes, I did install the chromium browser to test it out, but did that cause chromium to somehow kidnap all future wine programs? Why? And how can I prevent it in the future? Or if nothing else, how can I add them to my menu? Chromium is the only crossover or codeweavers thing I've ever installed. I'm just really confused now. help?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRmdKWVJzRzVuSEhCVTlSVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9