Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Chromium
Our OEM port of Google's Chromium web browser.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

some bugs of crossover chromium on debian amd64

To whom it may concern:
First, let me say I suppose this product is great when working in a native environment.
However, on my linux box I have experienced the following problems since 1 installed (~ 1/2 hour ago)

1) the seemingly specific download "CrossOver Chromium for Ubuntu and Debian (64 bit)" did not work - you should add that it's for i386 arch only

2) the generic linux installer did work, albeit ending in 2 warning messages:

cxbottle:warning: The current character encoding (UTF-8) may not be compatible with the encoding of the bottle (ISO-8859-1). This may cause applications to not find their files and thus lead to malfunctions.
rundll32.exe.so: bufmgr_fake.c:1245: bmReleaseBuffers: Assertion `intel->locked' failed.

3) When showing my gmail inbox, there's a square at the end of each title. (I suppose that this might be related to the 1st warning message above.) This does not change when I enable/disable char.encoding "AutoDetect" and/or (de)select UTF-8

4) When I tried to submit this bug through the "Report bug" menu item (btw, that menu could be made more accessible...), then it completely crashed (of course upon submission, i.e. when I had already typed most of the above text...)

In spite of this, hat's off for the speedy browser and the relatively well working WINE canvas.

Maximilian

PS: # uname -a
Linux lxdsi14 2.6.18-6-686 #1 SMP Tue Jun 17 21:31:27 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoielNiVmd4Nk5xSnd3WlZBYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9