Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Chromium
Our OEM port of Google's Chromium web browser.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How do I remove CrossOver from my computer including icons, etc.

Mint 10 kde

I used the uninstall feature, however, there are several icons in the menu that did not un-install, and I would like to remove them. How do I do this? Thank you.

Try using a third party app removal app?
What platform are you on?

On my Mac I use AppCleaner, which is free- you just drag the application icon onto the app and it finds all the other app files and moves them to the trash.
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/system_disk_utilities/appcleaner.html (AppCleaner on Apple website)
http://www.freemacsoft.net/AppCleaner/ (AppCleaner's homepage)

That's all I can really think of- you could try searching your computer manually, but I did that just to check and it doesn't come up with lots of things that AppCleaner came up with.

-- On Mac, if you go to ~/Library/Preferences, there should be a few files called com.codeweavers.X.plist, where X is something like 'crossovergames' or 'crossovercrosstielauncher'. Also, in ~/Library/Application Support, there should be a folder labelled 'Crossover (Games)' - Games if it's Crossover Games you installed. This contains the games/apps that you have installed via Crossover.
That should be everything.
I highly recommend you use a third party app remover app, it'll be much easier.

Hope I helped!
Alex

steven vollom wrote:

Mint 10 kde

I used the uninstall feature, however, there are several icons in
the menu that did not un-install, and I would like to remove them.
How do I do this? Thank you.

For Linux, depending on how you installed it...

If you used the Package Manager, relaunch it and search for 'crossover', select CrossOver as an item to be removed and remove it.

Otherwise...

/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxuninstall

or

~/cxoffice/bin/cxuinstall

On a Mac, skip the third party application remover and follow our instructions:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/cxofficemacremoval

Sorry Carol, didn't realise that page existed, just did it based on my own knowledge.

Alex

Alex S wrote:

Sorry Carol, didn't realise that page existed, just did it based on
my own knowledge.

Alex

No worries! We've just had a few people have problems when using a third party app removal tool. It makes it very difficult for our Support Staff to determine what happened and what pieces the tool may have left behind. Our preference is of course our own instructions... but I do understand why people use the third party tools.

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid0NOeHRKemhyWjZ3Y1ZLNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9