Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Chromium
Our OEM port of Google's Chromium web browser.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mass Effect Mouse Issues.

Hi. To play Mass Effect I downloaded Steam (PC) through Crossover onto my Mac. Then using Steam, I downloaded the already paid for Mass effect (PC). Everything seems to be working well in terms of graphics, although its a bit rusty in terms of framerate and there are some auditory hitches. The main issue is that I cannot turn my character around effectively using the mouse.

I have not played Mass Effect or other PC games before, let alone on a MaC, so I am unsure whether or not this is a fixable problem. Basically based on what I've seen, you turn the entire camera view by moving the mouse. This is the game mechanic that isn't dysfunctional. Its as if it were a clock and the hands get stuck at 10 and 3 o' clock. I can only look and rotate the view within 150 degrees. The camera just jams.

I don't know whether this is a problem with the game mechanics, the crossover from PC, or if its caused by me installing and playing the game through steam instead of downloading the game directly. ANyway, if anyone has any answers, advice, or personal experience please respond. Thank you.

... wrong forum ; you should be asking about such in the following forum ;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=4403;forum=1

...just having a quick glance there myself, it seems you're not alone...

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid0FhUWF6UHhOTHpGblNyYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9