Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Chromium
Our OEM port of Google's Chromium web browser.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

First Time use of Codeweaver ~ Installing an Unknown Program

OSX 10.6.8

Processor: 2.4 GHz

Memory: 4gb

Graphic Card: Intel GMA X3100

So I got a copy of Dont Starve, and I got a copy of Crossover some months ago when it was being given out for free. And I'm trying to run Dont Starve as my first game through Crossover. I install fine, 3 times over, and the third time I mage sure to select my desktop. But I dont see the program file itself...

So how do I run Don't Starve?

I hope I'm not being too pedantic, but as a new user, you may not know about this…

With Crossover running, there will be a "Programs" menu that functions something like the "Start" menu on Windows. I'm betting that your newly-installed game is in there.

Yea, I saw that in the tutorial, and when I follow through it to install the unknown program, Don't Starve doesnt appear there.

James,

My mistake: I thought you'd purchased a standalone game and were installing it under CrossOver Mac.

Now i think that you were referring to installing it in CrossOver Chromium from the Chrome Web Store at this URL:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dont-starve/hiledapehlkhdehbhppgmekfalnlfajc

If so, I'm sorry to have confused you, and I can't even run Crossover Chromium on my Mac, so I can't help you further.

Dave

Nopes, not trying to do that. I found this forum through google, so I think I posted in the wrong forum...

Its suppose to be a stand alone game, not through the browser, I dont think anyway.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidHFaekczdUpOTnFVVlBuRSIsImdkcHIiOjB9