Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Chromium
Our OEM port of Google's Chromium web browser.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Spelunky HD

Hi, I have problem with new Spelunky HD, after open I get black screen but I can hear music from game menu.
What can I do?

Yeah I get the same thing. I also ran the 2.0.2 patch supplied at the download page on GOG.com, but it doesn't seem to have fixed it.

Install Directx Modern in the same bottle where you've installed the game and you should be set.

LE: I've created a crosstie that should handle the installation of both the GoG and Steam versions. It will appear on the relevant app page as soon as a ninja has time to review it.

Are you still having the issue or did it get resolved?

Hello everyone, i am using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, amd 64x, i had the same problem with Spelunky HD start: black screen, but still i can hear the music and can choose an item in starting menu.

So for solving this, i used PlayonLinux with Wine version 1.7.23 (to choose the version go to menu Utility/Manage Wine Version/ ), then i had installed GoG version of Spelunky HD, after this - go to your installed applications in PlayOnLinux, choose Spelunky HD "Settings" (or tune). Here you need to "Install new components:" d3dx9 and directx9.

After passing this steps i can play Spelunky HD.

Good luck with your installation! :)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidlNyQkxBWjdrSjY4V1VoVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9