Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Chromium
Our OEM port of Google's Chromium web browser.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Adding Plugins

Is there a way to add plugins, (java, flash, mediaplayer, etc)?

If so, would they be the native plugins (I'm on Linux), or windows plugins?

Flash is straight forward to add; just go to www.adobe.com and follow through. You do have to restart for it to take effect. Haven't tried any other plugins - note that some of them don't work even with Chrome on Windows, though.

Cheers,

Jeremy

When going to adobe.com to download flash, the link has you download a .exe installation program. There's no way that I know of to run an exe from the browser. How did you install flash for use by Chromium?

It shows you the resulting .exe file down in the left hand corner; you just click on it to run it.

Cheers,

Jeremy

I have downloaded and run the Flash player 10 beta .exe file in CrossOver Chromium on my 64-bit Ubuntu Hardy setup, but when I attempt to play a YouTube video from Chromium, I get that annoying little message to the effect that I either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player installed, and it is suggested that I download the «latest Flash player». As far as I know, JavaScript is not turned off - in any event it's certainly turned on in Swiftweasel and Firefox, and I've not done anything to turn it off in Chromium (is there any way to check ?) The YouTube video runs as expected in Swiftweasel and Firefox. Any suggestions as to how I can get it to run in Chromium ?...

Henri

Hi,
in flash player not working in the 64 bit machine :(

Quote: "It shows you the resulting .exe file down in the left hand corner; you just click on it to run it."

I've just downloaded CrossOver Chromium onto my Mac Laptop OSx10.4. You do indeed get the exe file showing in a tab at the bottom of the Chrome window. Clicking on it brings up a dialogue telling me "The following applications must be quit for the install to take place: Chrome" with buttons "Try again/cancel". Clicked on "try again" for the hell of it and nothing happened. All predictable but fun to do anyway for the hell of it. It's OK, I'm leaving this comment for info for others.., for now I'm happy myself that I can at least see whether my web page designs hang together for the 2% of visitors to my web site using this browser. 2%!!!!... already!!! Think Chrome might have legs. Cool - Open Source rules OK. Keep up the good work. 😏

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQVR5cTVaaFJRWEp5RmF2ciIsImdkcHIiOjB9