Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Chromium
Our OEM port of Google's Chromium web browser.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Reply to Thread Back to Threads

updated version?
Missy
Posted 2009-05-29 01:15
I know they might not like me asking this... I dunno...

but are they going to release an upgraded version...

or...

does anyone know how to successfully upgrade the Crossover version inside Chromium?  I ask because I've kinda been using it as a base to make my own stand alone applications, but its stuck on 7.1.1, and I really need 7.2.1 for a game I'm trying to make a stand alone wrapper on...  I try to get it all upgraded inside to 7.2.1 but it never seems to work.
Stefan Dösinger
Stefan Dösinger  Staff Member
Posted 2009-05-29 15:32
I don't think we'll release an updated CrossOver Chromium. This was a test drive and marketing tool for our porting services, not a long term product.

If there's enough demand for Chromium we'll add support for it to regular CrossOver though. But I guess we'll see a native port soon anyway.
malcolm
Posted 2009-06-08 04:01
There is a version of chrome for linux avaliable.
I'm using it at the moment on this site 😀

Chrome dev channel

There is only a debian version avaliable, but if you use ar to extract the .deb then tar to extract the data.tar.gz
you can get it running, a bit of a fudge but it works ok

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

Please Wait...
eyJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNTIxMDQwODU5fQ==