Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Chromium
Our OEM port of Google's Chromium web browser.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Assasin's Creed 1

when i try to start assasins creed 1 it says that i need the correct disc and i reinstalled and reinstalled again...please help

Hi,

You've got the wrong forum for this sort of posting -- the proper place for this is;

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?;t=25

When posting to the crossover forums, -please- mention your OS/platform/videocard specs,
as it's near impossible to help people without knowing this basic information.

There is no Assasins Creed 1 entry here in the codeweaver's compatibility database, so
your next best resource for getting info on this title running in the wine environment,
is over at WineHQ AppDB ...see;

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=11069

Many of those tips are applicable to the crossover/wine situation -- for one, it looks
like you'll need to have directx runtime modern installed into the same bottle before
it will actually work -- it may need other dependencies, I am not sure...but I think for
sure you'll need directx runtime installed...

By your description however, it seems like you're running into a DRM CD-check issue long
before the actual game loads -- if you're on MacOSX this could be due to bugs/limitations
the the Mac scsi driver (known issue) -- if this is the case, please read carefully what
others have done to get this title running under wine on the above WineHQ page.

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY3BTZVNTa05QcEdickxOeSIsImdkcHIiOjB9