Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Chromium
Our OEM port of Google's Chromium web browser.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

package contents

I have recently install c/o chromium on my mac and was surprised at the size of the browser as compared to safari/opera/firefox, in fact at 138MB it vastly outweighs all of my other browsers combined. While perusing the package contents found many files that don't appear to be built for macs, in particular .exe and printer files. Does anyone know what can be safely deleted? Thank you in advance.

Victor --

CrossOver Chromium is a demonstration of the use of CrossOver as a porting tool. The browser itself is a windows build (hence the .exe file) and it is wrapped with CrossOver and Wine to make it function properly on your system. So... it's big! There's no real way around it.

-Andrew

It should also be mentioned that CrossOver Chromium is very out of date with respect to the ongoing Chromium project or the official Google Chrome browser. Both have Mac-native builds and you should definitely be using those rather than our proof-of-concept.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTEVnV05IdExRTThoNmFOUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9