Community Forums - Unsupported Builds

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

OpenSolaris Build
This forum is a place to discuss issues with OpenSolaris builds.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Running cxoffice on Solaris 10?

Not seeing a launcher in the gnome menu for cxoffice. I know the path to the executables is /opt/cxoffice/bin but what's the executable to run the gui?

Nobody? I'm trying to run this on Solaris 10. Is that even possible?
I get the following errors every time I try to run it.

Hi,

The error you're seeing is self-explanatory (more or less ;) ;
you're missing the Python bindings for GTK-2.0 (aka. pygtk). You
would need to compile and/or install those system libraries to clear
that error. I can't advise any further as I have no experience
with Solaris (I used to run FreeBSD on my Suns ;), but basically
if a binary package doesn't exist that contains the pygtk libs,
you would need grab the source and compile/install it yourself.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

No. The 10.x builds are just broken. The 9.1 builds at least installed without those errors, added entries into the jds menu and you could register it. I got those exact same errors when I installed 10.0 (on snv129, haven't tried it on s10 proper). 10.1 doesn't come up with those errors, but you can't get it to register (STILL!).

I just let my pro license expire, since it's pointless to pay for a non-functioning product with literally zero support. Given Oracle's euthanizing of opensolaris and the newer builds 10.x getting worse, I don't see any prospects of this getting any better.

Even though I didn't get /any/ of the Community Supported Applications to work, vlc and a simple windows app works, so I was not unhappy with 9.1, though having the File dialog hang for a couple of minutes when it gets to "/" makes it vert close to useless (my guess is that there's a funny interaction with zfs root, but it's only a guess) - certainly it's not something one would expect from a paid-for product. I was evaluating the product to see if it could be used to deal with an accounting package but this dialog problem made it a non-starter. Codeweavers should not be surprised if they don't get much commercial interest in a product that barely functions.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic21mZGN5dFM1UHhtUGJIWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9