There are two options for gathering a log of a CrossOver application. If you have been given logging channels to use by our support team, you want to use the "Regular Logging" instructions. The typical logging process consists of enabling logging for a particular bottle and then running the applications in that bottle. The second type of log that can be gathered is always on in the background; thus the log should be "gathered" or printed after the behavior you are trying to capture has already occurred.
1) Click twice on the icon of the program to go to the "Manage" page
2) Click the Settings Icon to the right of the blue "Launch" button and click "Enable Debug Logging"
3) Choose the debugging channels you want to use and then click "Enable"
4) Launch the program you want to debug
Notice that there will be an orange banner stating which debugging channels are enabled
As noted at the top of this page, these instructions are for gathering the log that has already been created, not for turning on logging. The best time to capture this log is immediately after the error you are trying to capture occurs.
1) Click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner to open the CrossOver menu. Then click "Save CrossOver traces" to save this log to your Downloads folder.
Last modified on 2018-06-06 13:25:43 by Anna Lasky
Are you sure you want to delete this page?
Note: Any nested pages that are under this one will be moved up one level.
Any attachments tied to this page will be deleted.
Move / Rename Page
Unknown Error, unable to move!
That page exists already!
One or more of the parent pages specified in new path do not exist!