1. Open up a terminal buy pressing Ctrl+Alt+T
2. Type "sudo bash" to gain root access (Be careful what you do with root access. The only reason we're using it now is so that you don't have to type sudo before each command. But you could easily mess up your machine if you perform every command as an administrator)
3. Type "apt-get update" to make sure you have access to the most up to date packages
4. Type "apt-get install kicker" and answer "y" when asked if you want to install
5. Type "apt-get install ksmserver" and answer "y" when asked if you want to install
6. Type exit to leave the root account
7. Type exit to close your terminal window
Now when you press the power button to turn off your computer, a new option will show up on the left that says "Full Desktop." Press it and your Eee PC will reboot into Full Desktop mode.