1. Open up a terminal buy pressing Ctrl+Alt+T
2. Type "sudo bash" to gain root access (Be careful what you do with root access. The only reason we're using it now is so that you don't have to type sudo before each command. But you could easily mess up your machine if you perform every command as an administrator)
3. Type "apt-get update" to make sure you have access to the most up to date packages
4. Type "apt-get install kicker" and answer "y" when asked if you want to install
5. Type "apt-get install ksmserver" and answer "y" when asked if you want to install
6. Type exit to leave the root account
7. Type exit to close your terminal window
Now when you press the power button to turn off your computer, a new option will show up on the left that says "Full Desktop." Press it and your Eee PC will reboot into Full Desktop mode.
We're rebels. We're misfits. But mostly, we're software liberators. And we're very, very good at what we do. We have to be. Lots of developers work with open source, but only a tiny fraction of those are good enough to get software that was designed for one platform to work on another one. We invented CrossOver software - a unique approach to cross-platform compatibility that does not require dual-boot or another OS license. We launched PortJump to help app and game developers broaden their market beyond Windows® users. And we launched ExecMode to help organizations solve really ugly technical challenges.